Final deadline extension until 30. November 2016!
Based on the huge success of the first three Euro BioMAT Symposia in Jena in 2011, Weimar 2013 and 2015 this international conference is being held every two years in the Jena-Weimar Region.
The symposium Euro BioMAT 2017, 09.-10. May 2017, addresses the growing interest of science and industry in the different aspects of the creation, characterization, testing and application of biomaterials and closely related areas. The motivation is not only the recent scientific progress and new challenges of this exciting, strongly interdisciplinary field of science and engineering. Materials scientists, physicists, chemists, biologists in industrial R&D as well as medical professionals are increasingly facing situations, where materials are confronted with high performance requirements and a challenging biological environment at the same time.
Much of the growth in the area of biomaterials emerged in the USA and Asia over the last years but Europe is gaining ground with a fast and steady growth in this field. The German Materials Society (DGM) and its panel of experts in biomaterials address these developments with the Euro BioMAT 2017 in Weimar.
Euro BioMAT 2017 will present and discuss the current state of progress and novel trends in development, characterization, application, testing and modelling of biomaterials in basic science and industry. In addition, this symposium will bring together experts in closely related areas, such as biomimetics, biomineralization and biopolymers.
The organizers at the DGM feel a need to serve the European biomaterials community beyond the other European and world biomaterials congresses with a compact two-day meeting which brings together fascinating science and stimulating people in a delightful setting in historic Weimar in the very heart of Europe.
The programme of the Euro BioMAT 2017 will comprise several invited plenary lectures as well as oral and poster presentations. The organizers look forward to receiving many contributions to the Euro BioMAT 2017.
The following subjects will be discussed:
Structure and properties of biomaterials
- Bioactive materials, bioglass and calciumphosphates
- Biodegradable materials
- Bioinspired materials / biomimetic materials
- Biological materials and biomineralization
- Computational biomaterials science
- Hydrogels and biobased polymers
- Imaging of biomaterials
Biological response to biomaterials
- Antimicrobial biomaterials & biofilms
- Biointerfaces and microenvironments
- Clinical performance of biomaterials
- Multi-functional biomaterial
- Current and future challenges for the MedTech industry
- Dental materials
- Drug and gene delivery
- Innovation in fabrication including 3D printing / additive manufacturing of biomaterials
- Responsive and smart biomaterials
- Tissue engineering / regenerative medicine
- Furthermore accepted abstracts will be published in the open access journal
Medical Materials and Technologies: http://www.medmat.de.
- In addition, the journal offers a publication of accepted submissions as extended
abstracts with 4 pages (will get its own DOI) for 50 Euros.
- Ad on: Authors can submit their full paper for 200 Euros in the open access journal.
Here you will finde more information: http://eurobiomat.medmat.de.
An exhibition will be held in conjunction with the conference. Are you interested in presenting your company/institute and in supporting the Euro BioMAT 2017 conference? Please contact the conference office now and secure one of the limited exhibition areas!
We look forward to seeing you in Weimar 2017!
Klaus D. Jandt, Chairman
Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany
Thomas F. Keller, Vice Chairman
DESY Hamburg, Germany