Key decisions on changes to the Emmy Noether Programme
- In the interests of balancing a research career and family, the requirement for evidence of a twelve-month visit to another country as proof of international research experience will no longer apply. International research experience will remain a requirement for proposals, but may be presented as the applicant chooses and will be evaluated as appropriate to the subject area during the review process.
- The regular funding duration will be extended by one year, making it six years in total (3+3).
- W2 professors will now also be eligible to submit proposals, provided they are still at the qualification stage. In other words, they must hold temporary posts and must be at an early stage of their research careers.
- Researchers who also work in clinical practice are to be given the option to apply for a rotation post instead of a position as junior research group leader in order to leave a proportion of their time free for research.
- An earmarked family allowance of up to €6,000 per year may be requested and approved for the care of children and relatives in need of care during conference or research trips, to help researchers balance family with work (the proposal guidelines, amended accordingly, and the form for ELAN submissions will be available from 1.10.2017).
Further Information here